Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Services2
- Education Funding Strategies1
Patrick Mullen is a Financial Advisor with the Corporate Benefits and Advisory Services Division in the Merrill Lynch San Francisco office. He began his career in finance in 2011 before graduating from UC Santa Cruz with a BS in political science and prelaw. He joined Merrill Lynch in 2015 as a member of the Corporate Benefits Advisory Services Division to focus on corporate equity compensation and wealth management services for senior management and key employees of businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area. Patrick is a Northern California native, born in San Francisco and grew up in Stinson Beach. His family is actively involved in the asset management business, which has given him the opportunity to be involved with finance from an early age.
Patrick’s approach takes a global perspective knowing that business and personal financial situations are intertwined. A holistic approach to understand business/corporate, individual and family situations. Then providing customized strategies to efficiently assist in monetization, diversification and growth in a risk managed, tax efficient framework.
Patrick and his team work as partners with founders, owners and senior management of private and public companies assisting them define and pursue their goals and priorities.
Understanding the risks and realistic probability of accomplishing a client’s goals and objectives is paramount to our approach. We spend a significant amount of time first understanding the objectives of the people we work with to help achieve and proactively mitigate the obstacles that can stand in the way of successful outcomes. We do not forecast markets or future financial conditions, we plan.
• We have experience and partner with experienced CPA’s and tax advisors to arrive at the most tax-efficient methods to generate wealth and formulate plans for future generations.
• One of our primary functions is risk management .We counsel our clients on making prudent risk adjusted financial decisions.
• We facilitate our client’s efforts to maximize the impact and efficacy of their philanthropic undertakings.
• With the resources and capabilities of Merrill Lynch/Bank of America we are a single source for integrated wealth management.
Services and Resources:
• Personal banking: tracking expenses, bill payment, and cash flow analysis
• Liability management: residential lending, specialized asset lending and business lending through Bank of America, N.A.
• Family wealth growth, preservation and transfer strategies
• Trust and estate planning services
• Life insurance, Annuity and Senior Care programs
• Philanthropic strategy and management (Charitable giving strategies)
• Business succession, merger, acquisition and capital funding advisory for businesses
• Portfolio Management (Asset Allocation)
• Stock option analysis, hedging and monetization of concentrated equity positions
• Restricted and concentrated stock strategies
• Pre-IPO Planning
• 10b5-1 Trading
• Tax minimization strategies*
Patrick holds the Series 7 and Series 66 FINRA registrations.
I follow the deep-seated Merrill Lynch tradition of participating in the communities we serve. This drives my interest in spending time volunteering with organizations in our community.
University of California Santa Cruz
Learn more about the highly engaging podcast series from Merrill Lynch
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill Lynch, trust and fiduciary services from U.S. Trust, and the banking convenience of Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2Banking products are offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By periodically checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial strategy, our goal is to help give you peace of mind* that you're on track to help achieve what's most important to you.
We'll meet with you periodically to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We'll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial strategy to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. We can help you keep track of these changes so they can be reflected in your financial strategy.
MyMerrill is your destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities.
*Peace of mind is an aspirational state of mind that clients hope to achieve. There are no guaranteed results following completion of the Goals-Based Wealth Management process because markets can fluctuate and investments can lose value. Advisors work with clients to help them understand how the goals based wealth management process can help to address their concerns, financial situation and priorities.
Helping you reach your goals starts with getting to know you personally. Through understanding what matters most to you, I can help you create a financial strategy that reflects your personality. Only then can I offer an approach that is built around your life priorities and the ongoing advice you need to help you manage fluctuations in the market and changes in your life. Let’s work together to help you achieve your goals.
As Merrill Lynch financial advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment strategy to pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
Learn more about the dedicated one-on-one relationship you can have with a Merrill Lynch financial advisor.
Getting to know you is our primary goal.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill Lynch, we will build a strategy that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.