Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Planning Services4
- Education Funding1
The Thiessen Group
Since 2006, the Thiessen Group has helped affluent individuals and families create personalized and adaptable wealth management strategies to address immediate and long-term financial goals. We offer customized financial advice and guidance through our in-depth investment experience and by blending strategies for an approach that works best for you. We rely on the expert insights of the BofA Global Research team to provide clients with the finest investment opportunities available.
Our 5-Step Approach
1. Our approach to wealth management planning begins with a thorough understanding of your needs and objectives.
2. We provide thoughtful and innovative ideas to help you manage the financial events in your life.
3. We tailor a detailed investment and asset allocation strategy to help you reach your goals while respecting your risk tolerance.
4. We regularly review your goals and give you feedback during market fluctuations.
5. We are always available to speak to you – and strive to provide you with an advisor answered phone call – at all times.
Wealth Management Guidance to Strengthen Your Financial Future
The Thiessen Group will help you navigate your immediate and long-term wealth management aspirations. Our process is designed to look at your financial strengths and limitations, establish objectives, implement strategies and review results. This allows clients to make informed decisions about their finances and to pursue the goals they find most important.|Focused Services Include:
• Customized Portfolio Management. Thoughtful portfolio management is essential to preserving wealth. We will provide you with a skillfully diversified portfolio, personalized for your risk tolerance, expectation for future growth, liquidity needs and tax considerations.
• Wealth Preservation and Transfer. We work with specialists from Merrill, in coordination with your attorneys and accountants, to develop resourceful strategies to transfer your legacy to your loved ones. We can advise you on trust investments, charitable gifting and giving, life insurance and estate planning services.
• Retirement Planning. We can offer you guidance on how to structure your wealth for retirement. We will look at your options for income producing channels and evaluate the effects of taxes and inflation on your financial future.
• Corporate Retirement/401(k) Plans. We provide strategies to help corporate executives and business owners balance their employees’ needs. Our process identifies business goals and finds strategies that are the best fit for the company.
• Additional Benefits. When you work with us, there are many additional benefits that clients come to know and love. These benefits include:
o Bank of America Premium Rewards Visa Signature® Card
o Mortgage and Auto Loan Discounts through Bank of America, N.A.
o Online Account Management and Fund Transfer Capabilities
o Credit and Lending through Bank of America
o Small Business Banking through Bank of America
Owen Thiessen, CFP®, CIMA®
Senior Vice President
Wealth Management Advisor
Owen joined Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in 2006, and offers advice and guidance to individuals and families about portfolio management, retirement planning, corporate retirement planning and wealth transfer and preservation strategies. Owen emphasizes the importance of a long-term outlook and his asset management focus includes helping clients minimize risk to investment portfolios, and developing tax minimizing cash flow strategies.
Owen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certificant, a designation awarded to him in 2006 by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. He also attained the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) designation, administered by Investments & Wealth Institute™ and taught in conjunction with the Yale School of Management. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Owen was Named to Forbes "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors" list in 2019.*
In his spare time, Owen enjoys recreational aviation and is a devoted golfer. He is a member of The Oaks Club in Osprey, Florida, where he resides with his wife Lindsey.
Gordon Thiessen, CRPC®
Senior Relationship Manager
Gordon joined Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in 1983. As the founder of the Thiessen Group, his responsibilities include business management and researching current international economic conditions. Gordon concentrates on building strong client relationships. He uses his client-focused approach to develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs and helps them in their pursuit of their wealth management goals.
Gordon holds the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM (CRPC®) designation, awarded by the College for Financial Planning. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Business from Taylor University in Upland, Indiana.
Gordon’s interests include golf and socializing at The Oaks Club, the community where he and his wife Pat reside, in Osprey, Florida.
Gypsy L. Sayre
Registered Senior Client Associate
Gypsy began her financial services career with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in Akron, Ohio in 1999. She joined the Venice, FL office in 2016 and now applies her years of experience to the Thiessen Group. Gypsy strives to deliver unparalleled service that exceeds client expectations.
Outside of the office, Gypsy enjoys volunteering for United States Veterans, reading, and spending time with her husband, Mike, her four children, and her dogs. As a former Ohioan, she embraces every opportunity to appreciate the Florida weather.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Forbes "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors"
Learn about the MyMerrill Mobile App.
Supported by the global resources of Merrill, my team is comprised of talented and experienced individuals committed to building strong client relationships based on trust and personalized service.
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill, trust and fiduciary services from Bank of America Private Bank, and the banking convenience of Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1 Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2 Banking, mortgage and home equity products offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3 Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
4 Trust and fiduciary services are provided by Bank of America Private Bank.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By periodically checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial approach, our goal is to help you stay on track to achieve what's most important to you.
We’ll meet with you to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We’ll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial approach to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. As these changes occur, we can update your approach to reflect them.
MyMerrill is your online destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities.
Your advisor is a click away within our site or mobile apps
You can manage account security with our customizable security capabilities such as touch ID, one time passcode, and other security features
Access to your complete financial life is available with My Financial Picture, Merrill’s asset aggregation tool
Helping you reach your goals starts with getting to know you personally. Through understanding what matters most to you, together I can help you create a financial approach that reflects your personality. Only then can I offer an approach that is built around your life priorities and the advice you need to help you address fluctuations in the market and changes in your life. Let’s work together to help you achieve your goals.
As Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment approach to address your needs and pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
We get to know you and your family, your financial situation and what matters most to you.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill, together we will design an approach that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.