Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Services2
- Education Funding Strategies1
The Thiessen Group
Since 2006, the Thiessen Group has helped affluent individuals and families create personalized and adaptable wealth management strategies to address immediate and long-term financial goals. We offer customized financial advice and guidance through our in-depth investment experience and by blending strategies for an approach that works best for you. We rely on the expert insights of the Merrill Lynch Global Research team to provide clients with the finest investment opportunities available.
Our 5-Step Approach
1. Our approach to wealth management planning begins with a thorough understanding of your needs and objectives.
2. We provide thoughtful and innovative ideas to help you manage the financial events in your life.
3. We tailor a detailed investment and asset allocation strategy to help you reach your goals while respecting your risk tolerance.
4. We regularly review your goals and give you feedback during market fluctuations.
5. We are always available to speak to you – and strive to provide you with an advisor answered phone call – at all times.
Wealth Management Guidance to Strengthen Your Financial Future
The Thiessen Group will help you navigate your immediate and long-term wealth management aspirations. Our process is designed to look at your financial strengths and limitations, establish objectives, implement strategies and review results. This allows clients to make informed decisions about their finances and to pursue the goals they find most important.|Focused Services Include:
• Customized Portfolio Management. Thoughtful portfolio management is essential to preserving wealth. We will provide you with a skillfully diversified portfolio, personalized for your risk tolerance, expectation for future growth, liquidity needs and tax considerations.
• Wealth Preservation and Transfer. We work with specialists from Merrill Lynch, in coordination with your attorneys and accountants, to develop resourceful strategies to transfer your legacy to your loved ones. We can advise you on trust investments, charitable gifting and giving, life insurance and estate planning services.
• Retirement Planning. We can offer you guidance on how to structure your wealth for retirement. We will look at your options for income producing channels and evaluate the effects of taxes and inflation on your financial future.
• Corporate Retirement/401(k) Plans. We provide strategies to help corporate executives and business owners balance their employees’ needs. Our process identifies business goals and finds strategies that are the best fit for the company.
• Additional Benefits. When you work with us, there are many additional benefits that clients come to know and love. These benefits include:
o Merrill Lynch +® Visa Signature® Card and Rewards Program
o Online Account Management and Fund Transfer Capabilities
o Credit and Lending through Merrill Lynch or Bank of America, N.A.
o Small Business Banking through Merrill Lynch or Bank of America, N.A.
Owen Thiessen, CFP®, CIMA®
Senior Vice President
Wealth Management Advisor
Owen joined Merrill Lynch in 2006, and offers advice and guidance to individuals and families about portfolio management, retirement planning, corporate retirement planning and wealth transfer and preservation strategies. Owen emphasizes the importance of a long-term outlook and his asset management focus includes helping clients minimize risk to investment portfolios, and developing tax minimizing cash flow strategies.
Owen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certificant, a designation awarded to him in 2006 by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. He also attained the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) designation, administered by Investments & Wealth Institute™ and taught in conjunction with the Yale School of Management. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Owen was Named to Forbes "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors" list in 2019.*
In his spare time, Owen enjoys recreational aviation and is a devoted golfer. He is a member of The Oaks Club in Osprey, Florida, where he resides with his wife Lindsey.
Gordon Thiessen, CRPC®
Gordon joined Merrill Lynch in 1983. As the founder of the Thiessen Group, his responsibilities include business management and researching current international economic conditions. Gordon concentrates on building strong client relationships. He uses his client-focused approach to develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs and helps them in their pursuit of their wealth management goals.
Gordon holds the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM (CRPC®) designation, awarded by the College for Financial Planning. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Business from Taylor University in Upland, Indiana.
Gordon’s interests include golf and socializing at The Oaks Club, the community where he and his wife Pat reside, in Osprey, Florida.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Forbes "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors"
Learn more about the highly engaging podcast series from Merrill Lynch
Supported by the global resources of Merrill, my team is comprised of talented and experienced individuals committed to building strong client relationships based on trust and personalized service.
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill, as well as banking, trust and fiduciary services from Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2Banking products are offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By periodically checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial strategy, our goal is to help you stay on track to achieve what's most important to you.
We'll meet with you periodically to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We'll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial strategy to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. We can help you keep track of these changes so they can be reflected in your financial strategy.
MyMerrill is your online destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities
Your advisor is a click away within our site or mobile apps
You can manage account security with our customizable security capabilities such as touch ID, one time passcode, and other security features
Access to your complete financial life is available with My Financial Picture, Merrill's asset aggregation tool
*Peace of mind is an aspirational state of mind that clients hope to achieve. There are no guaranteed results following completion of the Goals-Based Wealth Management process because markets can fluctuate and investments can lose value. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors work with clients to help them understand how the goals based wealth management process can help to address their concerns, financial situation and priorities.
Helping you reach your goals starts with getting to know you personally. Through understanding what matters most to you, I can help you create a financial strategy that reflects your personality. Only then can I offer an approach that is built around your life priorities and the ongoing advice you need to help you manage fluctuations in the market and changes in your life. Let’s work together to help you achieve your goals.
As Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment strategy to pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
Getting to know you is our primary goal.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill, we will build a strategy that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.