Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Planning Services4
- Education Funding1
Watch experts answer key questions to help you and your employees prepare for rising costs and game-changing innovations in our healthcare system.
Perhaps, we are idealistic. At The Simonton-Walsh-Hanosek-Mangum Wealth Management Group, we believe that clients deserve an uncommon level of personalized wealth management. That is why we act as a financial advisory resource for clients – placing their situations and aspirations at the core of our thoughtful and responsive process.
Having worked together for decades and with many client families just as long, our team has found that serving a select number of clients enables us to do more for each. This approach, we believe, is why we have become the “first call” for many clients when matters of health, wealth, and family are primary concerns.
Unlike other advisory teams, our banking heritage affords us a perspective that extends well beyond investments. We offer integrated, goals-based strategies that embrace retirement planning, wealth transfer, philanthropy, business succession, and liability management. We also connect clients with our firm’s outstanding specialists, as well as resources throughout their communities.
It is a privilege to serve clients we admire for their achievements and values.
We believe the value of a financial advisory team is best measured by the real-world goals that clients achieve and the wealth management experience they enjoy along the way.
At The Simonton-Walsh-Hanosek-Mangum Wealth Management Group, we make it our business to:
• Help hard-working clients plan and prepare for financial transitions, as well as likely and unlikely circumstances.
• Ask questions that lead to thoughtful discussions and to more meaningful strategies, such as “What is on your list? What is your definition of financial success? What financial or life lessons do you want to ensure your family knows? What is on your bucket list? What do you hope to accomplish professionally? What do you expect from us?”
• Listen carefully to our clients individually and in groups. We host intimate client gatherings and also have outside moderators conduct client focus groups – to understand what we are doing well and where we can improve.
• Use our banking pedigrees. Four of us launched our careers in banking, which gives us the mindset and dexterity to meet a vast array of clients’ financial challenges with customized strategies and solutions.
• Show clients how generational wealth strategies can lead to desired lifestyles and legacies.
• See each client as an individual – with important pursuits, purposes, and people in his or her life.
If it keeps you up at night, we want to know.
Our passion stems from why we chose to enter the wealth management industry. Put simply, we enjoy helping people make confident financial and life decisions.
Here’s what you can expect:
• A highly personalized, planning-based process that begins on day one and is on-going. From the outset, we need to appreciate your life priorities, concerns, risk tolerance, and preferences. As time goes on, we will develop a tailored strategy for you and you alone – to connect your personal, professional, and family goals.
• Frequent communication with you is a cornerstone of our approach – one grounded in a clear view of who you are and what you envision going forward. We will also help you understand the feasibility of your goals and the trade-offs you may need to make now or in the future.
• We look for ways to educate clients’ and their children about investing.
• We also facilitate family wealth discussions that may be difficult for you to initiate on your own – often collaborating with CPAs and attorneys.
In 1914, Charles Merrill said, “The interests of our customers must come first.” It is our feeling that he would be proud to see the premium we place on our commitment to clients.
Each day, we deliver our knowledge and care in ways we believe many clients never expected. Striving to be “life advisors,” we care about clients’ financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing – introducing them to doctors and counselors as well as CPAs and attorneys or specialists within our firm.
Clients have earned their wealth in different ways – and come to us with distinct financial perspectives. They include active and retired business owners, corporate executives, and professionals. As it turns out, we have built enduring relationships with generations of client families – many we consider among our closest friends.
As often as possible, we work with our clients, talk to their children, and conduct family meetings to discuss matters of estate planning, business succession, or the support of a special needs child or elderly parent. It is our responsibility to provide strategies and service that contribute to a highly customized wealth management experience.
From our offices in Columbus, Ohio, and Traverse City, Michigan, we serve clients nationwide. Location and distance are not issues for us. Regardless of geography, our mission is to deliver a consistently robust level of service. We measure our effectiveness by the positive impact we make during clients’ most challenging transitions.
Merrill is proud of our advisors who’ve received recognition from financial industry publications or directly from Bank of America Corporation. We believe they are setting the standard for exemplary client service.
Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisors” 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisors” 2019
Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisors” 2019, 2020 and 2021
Supported by the global resources of Merrill, our group is comprised of talented and experienced individuals committed to building strong client relationships based on trust and personalized service.
The following specialists do not make securities recommendations. Please contact your Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisor if you have questions about how a specialist might be able to assist you.
Wealth Management Lending Officer
Bank of America, N.A.
Wealth Management Banking Specialist
Bank of America, N.A.
Merrill Personal Wealth Analysis™ can help us build and document a personalized plan, centered on your goals and focused on what you want to achieve.
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill, trust and fiduciary services from Bank of America Private Bank, and the banking convenience of Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1 Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2 Banking, mortgage and home equity products offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3 Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
4 Trust and fiduciary services are provided by Bank of America Private Bank.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial approach, our goal is to help you stay on track to achieve what's most important to you.
We’ll meet with you to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We’ll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial approach to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. As these changes occur, we can update your approach to reflect them.
MyMerrill is your online destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities.
Your advisor is a click away within our site or mobile apps
You can manage account security with our customizable security capabilities such as touch ID, one time passcode, and other security features
Access to your complete financial life is available with My Financial Picture, Merrill’s asset aggregation tool
Helping you reach your goals starts with getting to know you personally. Through understanding what matters most to you, together we can help you create a financial approach that reflects your personality. Only then can we offer an approach that is built around your life priorities and the advice you need to help you address fluctuations in the market and changes in your life. Let’s work together to help you achieve your goals.
As Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment approach to address your needs and pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
We get to know you and your family, your financial situation and what matters most to you.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill, together we will design an approach that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.