Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Services2
- Education Funding Strategies1
Named to Forbes "Best-in-State Wealth Advisors" list in 2018,* Bo is deeply committed to providing highly customized wealth management strategies, advice and services to a select group of clients, whose unique needs, goals and values are the center of his dedicated focus. His services include tax-efficient and risk-managed investment planning and management, asset preservation, wealth transfer planning, and philanthropic planning and management. He enjoys working with individuals, families, businesses, foundations and endowments, and Native American tribes and tribal enterprises. His business is built on four simple, yet enduring, tenets:
• Stewardship: We understand the importance of the wealth we are asked to help manage. We know that it represents the hard work and achievements of yesterday and today, and the foundation for what our clients will accomplish tomorrow. We view ourselves as stewards of the assets entrusted to us by every client. Stewardship encompasses the ideas of ethical and prudent decision making, objectivity, responsibility, and proper governance.
• Understanding Your Mission: We believe in a goals-based approach to wealth management. Whether you are an institution or a multi-generational family, our stewardship begins with a deep discussion and understanding of your core values, goals and objectives.
• Investment Discipline: We understand and appreciate that every client is different, so we offer customized investment strategies that reflect the unique circumstances of each client. In managing portfolios, we remain focused on risk management and “triple-net” performance – that is, results net of fees, taxes and inflation. We believe strongly that it is not what you earn that matters, it’s what you keep.
• Leadership: In times of market stress, too many investors make rash decisions that are fueled by emotion rather than the conviction that comes with a principled, academic approach to investing. Grounded in the science of finance, our approach allows us to help clients navigate the cycle of market emotions with confidence as markets fluctuate, rising above reactionary thinking.
Bo's team includes Lisa Barnes and Gina Arnold, Registered Senior Client Associates, as well as Merrill Lynch and Bank of America specialists in key areas of wealth management: insurance, annuities, corporate retirement plans, trusts and estate planning services, philanthropic services, municipal markets, managed solutions, customized lending, and structured investments.
Bo joined Merrill Lynch in 2002 after graduating from Cornell University, and earning both a J.D.** and M.B.A. from the University of Oklahoma. He holds the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM designation, and he is a qualified Portfolio Manager who, in addition to providing traditional advice and guidance, can help clients pursue their objectives by building and managing his own personalized or defined strategies, which may incorporate individual stocks and bonds, Merrill Lynch model portfolios, and third-party investment strategies. When servicing clients through the firm's Investment Advisory Program, a Portfolio Manager may manage his strategies on a discretionary basis.
Bo has consistently achieved the Firm's Community Volunteer Honor Roll. A native of Tahlequah, Oklahoma, Bo currently resides in Tulsa with his wife, Lindsey, and their two daughters, Littie and Kylie.
*Source: Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisors” ranking was developed by SHOOK Research and is based on in-person and telephone due diligence meetings to evaluate each advisor qualitatively, a major component of a ranking algorithm that includes: client retention, industry experience, review of compliance records, firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, including: assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Investment performance is not a criterion because client objectives and risk tolerances vary, and advisors rarely have audited performance reports. Rankings are based on the opinions of SHOOK Research, LLC and not representative nor indicative of any one client’s experience, future performance, or investment outcome. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK Research receives compensation in exchange for placement on the ranking. Forbes is a trademark of Forbes Media LLC. All rights reserved.
**Although Bo is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, he does not provide legal advice in his current role at Merrill Lynch.
CRPC and Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM are registered service marks of the College for Financial Planning.
University of Oklahoma
Learn more about the highly engaging podcast series from Merrill Lynch
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill Lynch, trust and fiduciary services from U.S. Trust, and the banking convenience of Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2Banking products are offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By periodically checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial strategy, our goal is to help give you peace of mind* that you're on track to help achieve what's most important to you.
We'll meet with you periodically to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We'll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial strategy to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. We can help you keep track of these changes so they can be reflected in your financial strategy.
MyMerrill is your destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities.
*Peace of mind is an aspirational state of mind that clients hope to achieve. There are no guaranteed results following completion of the Goals-Based Wealth Management process because markets can fluctuate and investments can lose value. Advisors work with clients to help them understand how the goals based wealth management process can help to address their concerns, financial situation and priorities.
I believe it’s important that you seek the advice and guidance of an experienced financial advisor who can thoughtfully analyze your situation, identify strategies that address your needs, and clearly communicate them to you. We want to work with you to develop your wealth management strategy for the future.
As Merrill Lynch financial advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment strategy to pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
Learn more about the dedicated one-on-one relationship you can have with a Merrill Lynch financial advisor.
Getting to know you is our primary goal.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill Lynch, we will build a strategy that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.