Taking care of your family and other people in your life
- Trust & Estate Services2
- Education Funding Strategies1
Ann L. MacNaughton, CFP® CRPC® CAP®
Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor, Portfolio Manager
800 274 9442 Toll Free
713 993 1542 Direct
Ann MacNaughton joined Merrill Lynch in 2004 to provide sustainable financial solutions to individuals, their families, and their business and charitable organizations.
She applies a business law and management consulting background to develop highly customized solutions for clients, based on their personal values and individual risk tolerances, time horizons, liquidity needs, and overall investment goals. With an emphasis on planning and risk management, she applies a unique multi-faceted perspective to develop goals-based solutions for spending needs, long-term growth and wealth preservation, and wealth transfer in coordination with tax, estate, and legacy advisors.
For philanthropically or ‘impact’ motivated individuals and families desiring goals-based wealth management designed to impact corporate governance, including social & environmental performance, she leverages the firm's robust ESG and Impact Investing policies and platform.
A member of the Financial Planning Association, Ann graduated from St. John's School in Houston, earned MBA and JD degrees from the University of Houston, and completed post-graduate work at Harvard. Before joining Merrill, she worked in large firms such as Vinson & Elkins and Mobil Oil Corporation and also small firms including her own. Over 25 years of prior law practice, mediation, and management consulting experience sharpened her talent for clarifying goals, identifying resources, and resolving complexities that may arise from:
• income risk management - including challenges for women with longer life expectancies and charitable organizations with perpetual income needs
• marriage, divorce, death, and structured settlements - including trust and insurance solutions, financial education of children; and philanthropic gifting.
• business ownership - including cash management, insurance and retirement plans, and asset monetization
Ann lives in Houston's Boulevard Oaks neighborhood, with her husband Geoffrey J. Brune FAIA and their cocker spaniel Jake. While she continues to serve as a state bar leader, and may coordinate for clients with their tax and legal advisors, clients must review with their personal professional advisors any planned financial transactions or arrangements with tax, accounting or legal implications. Any information about tax considerations that might affect client financial transactions or arrangements is not intended as tax advice and may not be relied upon to avoid tax penalties. Neither Ann nor Merrill Lynch provide tax, accounting, or legal advice.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
Co-Convenor, Houston CAP® Study Group
Center for Houston's Future
• 2017 Alumni Leadership Campaign, 2009 Class Captain
• Alumni, Spring 2009 Leadership Forum
• Leader, Access-to-Capital Learning Journey
Houston Philosophical Society at Rice University
• Elected Section Head, Section F (Business, Financial, Philanthropic, Religious, and Educational Organizations), 2010-2016, 2017 - Present
• Elected Secretary, 2016-2017
University of Houston
• Elected Director, UH Friends of Women’s Studies (2012 – Present)
• Adjunct Professor of Law, UH Law Center (2002-2004, taught Environmental Dispute Resolution to law students & LLM candidates)
• Former Director, University of Houston Alumni Organization
• Former Director, UH Executive MBA Alumni
• Former Director, UH Law Alumni
State Bar of Texas - Life Fellow
• Presidential Appointee, Law Practice Management Committee (2011- Present)
• Presidential Appointee, Section Coordination Committee (2003-2005)
• Elected Chair, Corporate Counsel Section (1993-94)
• Elected Council Member, ADR Section (2001-2004)
American Bar Association
• Presidential Appointee, ABA Standing Committee on Environmental Law (2003-2006)
• Presidential Appointee 2002, Delegate to World Summit on Sustainable Development (South Africa)
• Planning Committee, "Financial Institutions, Corporate Stewardship, and Sustainable Development: Drivers for the Evolution of U.S. Environmntal Law and Practice" [33d National Spring Conference on the Environment, June 10, 2005]
• Elected Member, ABA Law Practice Management Section Council (1996-2006)
• Co-Chair, ABA Law Practice Management Section Finance Core Group (2005-2006)
• Senior Book Editor and Co-Author, "Environmental Dispute Resolution" (ABA 2002)
• Co-Editor, "Multidisciplinary Practice: Staying Competitive and Adapting to Change" (ABA 2001)
I follow the deep-seated Merrill tradition of participating in the communities we serve. This drives my interest in spending time volunteering with organizations in our community.
University of Houston System
Learn more about the highly engaging podcast series from Merrill Lynch
Supported by the global resources of Merrill, my team is comprised of talented and experienced individuals committed to building strong client relationships based on trust and personalized service.
We offer you access to the investing insights of Merrill, as well as banking, trust and fiduciary services from Bank of America to help you pursue your goals. We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.
1Investment products are offered by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
2Banking products are offered by Bank of America, N.A.
3Insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.
We understand that both your life and the financial markets can change over time. By periodically checking in to discuss changes in your life and revisiting your financial strategy, our goal is to help you stay on track to achieve what's most important to you.
We'll meet with you periodically to review your goals and the progress you’ve made toward reaching them. We'll also discuss any adjustments needed to your financial strategy to help you stay on course.
Your life and goals change. We can help you keep track of these changes so they can be reflected in your financial strategy.
MyMerrill is your online destination for access to your financial information, secure communications, and a robust offering of tools and capabilities
Your advisor is a click away within our site or mobile apps
You can manage account security with our customizable security capabilities such as touch ID, one time passcode, and other security features
Access to your complete financial life is available with My Financial Picture, Merrill's asset aggregation tool
*Peace of mind is an aspirational state of mind that clients hope to achieve. There are no guaranteed results following completion of the Goals-Based Wealth Management process because markets can fluctuate and investments can lose value. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors work with clients to help them understand how the goals based wealth management process can help to address their concerns, financial situation and priorities.
Helping you reach your goals starts with getting to know you personally. Through understanding what matters most to you, I can help you create a financial strategy that reflects your personality. Only then can I offer an approach that is built around your life priorities and the ongoing advice you need to help you manage fluctuations in the market and changes in your life. Let’s work together to help you achieve your goals.
As Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Advisors, we will sort through the financial complexities of your life, helping you build a customized investment strategy to pursue your goals.
We put you first, every day.
Getting to know you is our primary goal.
Drawing from our experience and the best thinking of Merrill, we will build a strategy that reflects your unique needs, priorities and financial situation.
We will work to help you stay on track, regardless of what the markets are doing.